Introduce yourself here!

Hello My Name is Kareem. Currently a Network Engineer, but hopefully soon a Js Fullstack Developer. I am over 40, and just beginning my journey into programming. I have been tinkling with the idea for a very long while now. I started several online programs but dropped them halfway through. I am self taught. right now I am doing pure Javascript (front and Backend) I am hoping to improve my Js skills, database skills, and Backend skills. hope to start building web apps that meets some commercial standard soon.

Thanks for introducing yourself, @RuubixO! What a great post. Hope to see you post about some of your personal projects soon. If you’re not on the CodeBuddies Slack already, join us there or on codebuddies.org/coworking if you want some silent motivation as you’re doing MOOCs!

@kareemuashiru Welcome! :slight_smile: I know the pain of dropping online courses halfway through, too. If you have any questions or are looking for project partners, feel free to ask in a new thread or in #personal-projects on Slack.

Thank you, @Ipatmo! I’m really enjoying the community and it’s obvious how much hard work you’ve all put into the code and moderating for this project. I’m glad to be involved :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, Its Abdul-Mateen here.
Am a newbie into programming, and this platform was recommended to me as a way to build up my skills.
Am currently learning python and web development and am open to joining any interesting projects.

Hi there! I’m a graphic designer interested in learning to code. Just started The Odin Project.
Can help with design related stuff: Graphics, Mockups, UI/UX. Nowadays I’m in college, work at a Industrial design firm and have to care for my family, but my saturdays and 2 hours per night are consacrated to this goal.
I want to learn the basics: Html+css+JS, thats my first step.
I’m from Venezuela but I’m Currently living in Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil. That’s it :3

Hows it going everyone? :grin: My name is Elijah.
I’m 24 yr old self taught developer who’s fairly new to programming. It’s been about 5 months,
I’ve been on a lot of online tutorials/ courses. Treehouse/ Udemy has been most of my learning since I started.

Current skills are in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Git, Linux and Bash.
My goal right now is too improve the skills I’ve learned so far, especially JavaScript.
before I move into Front-end Frameworks and Node.js . Aiming to be skilled enough to land my first web developer job in the next 2-6 months. (asap without neglecting my fundamentals)

I’m looking forward to learning from my peers here at CodeBuddies. Interested in doing some
pair-programming, collaborating on open-source/personal projects, anything involving hacking some ideas together.

cheers ,
Eli

Hobbies/Interests: Podcasts ( All of it is either about Financial Independence, Entrepreneurship, Programming, and CyberSecurity), Watching anime, Playing games (PS4), Qigong , Reading, and Cooking vegan food.

Welcome to CB!! You are in the right community to learn! Good luck in your journey.

Hello All! My name is Chemi. I am new and inexperienced with programming. I have a lot of tutorials/courses that I have been using. I am bit burnt out, (Information Overload), but I plan to focus as I realize what interests me and what I can pursue.

What are your current skills, and what skills are you hoping to improve?
I am practicing and expanding my development skills. Currently, I can use HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I plan to develop my JavaScript skills further. I am interested in learning Python also as I enjoy working with Data Science. I feel a pull to Backend of JavaScript and look forward to delve into Python also. I have learning guides and books for algorithms and Computer Science concepts.

What are you looking for? I am looking for an accountability partner as I continue this coding journey. I would like to review others’ code and have my code reviewed.

Extra: Love nature and animals, enjoy cooking, devours Health care/Medical news, want to become a digital nomad, and spend a lot time near the coast and traveling!

Hi everyone! I’m Izzy!
I am a high school student learning Java, but I really hope to explore Swift and XCode when I have time. I want to improve my Java skills, of course, but more importantly, I want to learn about what I can do with it. (I mean, it’s pretty obvious that Swift and XCode make iOS apps, but Java… xD)
I’m looking for a code buddy who is willing to have fun and talk with me on our coding journey, or a mentor to give me some tips about what to do next.
P.S. I love cooking and eating. And watching food videos on Youtube. And building food miniatures out of clay – anything with food, really. :smiley:

My name is Andrew, and I’m a 40-something husband and father who went to school for aviation, is a flight instructor and corporate trainer, and an aspiring entrepreneur and coder! I know HTML and CSS pretty well, and really want to shore up my knowledge of Javascript. I’ve gone through Udacity’s Front End Design Nanodegree (did not complete), am generally self-taught for HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL, and what I do know about Javascript. I’ve also learned a little about ReactJS.

Mainly, I want to develop my coding skills so that I can use them to freelance and create my own business ideas, freeing me up to flight instruct full time without taking a massive pay cut to do so!

Hello guys.
Name: precious adeyinka
Skills: html, css, javascript, jquery, a little bit of python, mysql, a small portion of php.

Learning goals: for now i want to focus on the backend side of javascript especially using nodejs and express with mongodb and sql.
I kind of like just want to also get alot of hands on experiences with building frontend web apps from scratch directly or indirectly by contributions, thats why I am here, I also love the idea of learning together.

I am hoping to meet you all in conversations :slight_smile: .
Have a great day.

Hello. My name is Brad and I can really relate to your post. I am 40-something husband and father, but I did not do the aviation gig, focused on logistics so I handled more ground based forms of transportation. I have been coding off and on for several years, but never seem to feel like I work on it enough or with a real goal. I am looking to connect and learn and would love to work on open-source/volunteer type projects so I can learn real-world and see my work outside of my computer screen.

Hi everyone
I’m Abid. I’m a college student
I know a bit of c and c++ and learning python now

.<

Name: Nelson

I’m just learning to program, currently going over the JavaScript curriculum at teamtreehouse.
I will be using YouTube, Linkedin Learning and Lynda as well as any good book. I have taken classes in HTML in the past I have done very basic programming projects but beyond that, no professional experience in programming.

What I can offer:
My eagerness to learn and open mindedness which makes me good with people while an introvert at the same time.

What Am I after:
Learn to code and launch a career in Software Engineering. To meet awesome people who can help me out and guide in the process as a newbie.

New to coding pretty much teaching myself i have the basic of HTML CSS PHP Bootstrap down looking to improve on those skills as well as learn the rest of the coding languages

Name: Davis

Javascript fullstack developer looking to improve quality of my code and build networks with nice people. Hope am in the right place. My key interests are serverless (mostly in Azure), Angular and just plain old Nodejs

What I can offer:
Lot’s of positive energy and a bit of time in case someone just needs to hang out. It’s a jungle out there :wink:

What Am I after:
Build skills in scalable systems and maybe collaborate on an exciting project

Hello!

My name is Sam. I am 18 years old and I’m from Amsterdam (the Netherlands). I’m a beginner in the computer languages, but I quite got the hand of HTML & CSS. I am planning on studying mathematical engineering or software engineering soon. I am very curious and eager to learn here.

Peace!

Hello everyone,

Hope y’all are well.
My name is Channing and I’m 26 (almost 27) y/o, I’m from Switzerland.

I’m in coding since a few months, and I started with the front-end part, but now I’m focused in learn Java, which is the language that I have chosen in order to enter into this fantastic and challenging world.

I’m looking for a coding partner, or a group, to learn together Java language from the basics, and support each other in times of difficulty.

Thank you very much
C.
my website

Name: Ishank
Skills: Java, C, C++, R, Python, Machine Learning, Hadoop, MongoDB, SQL
hi everyone,
Am looking for an open-sourced project to contribute to. Am here to learn new techs and things from others.
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ishank-vasania/

Hi My name is Mukesh and I am new to programming, I am little bit confused on programming languages